ABOUT THE TOUR
Penang is known in Malaysia as the food capital and what better way than to explore the street food this island has to offer? As we walk past the monuments of Penang we take a step back to the time when Penang was formed as a settlement. As we try different dishes we explore the traditions and culture that make Penang food so unique and delicious. Have a light (or no) breakfast to prepare for all the local favorites such as Roti Chennai, Penang Laksa, Nasi Lemak and more.
- Street Food: Dig in at some of the most delicious dishes in Penang, learn where they originated from and what makes them stand out in the Malaysian kitchen.
- Secret Societies: Discover the role secret societies played in Penang and how the biggest fight between these secret societies led to them being outlawed under British law.
- Street Art: What would a visit to Penang be without a selfie with some of the most unique pieces of street art? Show your friends and family you’ve been here on the most #instragrammable location of our tour.
- Clan Houses: Discover how Clan Houses played a vital role for Chinese immigrants settling in Penang and taste the dishes that were influenced by immigrants from China.
- Goddess of Mercy Temple: Experience how food and prayers go together in the rituals performed at the Indian temples of Penang.
- A professional and friendly guide
- Food and beverages at our selected food stalls
- Transportation to and from our meeting point
- Alcoholic beverages and souvenirs
individual and group reservations
- All our tours start with a minimum of 2 reservations. Would you like to book as an individual? We try to accommodate your reservation at the best price by adding you to an existing booking. Please contact us to check if we can add you to an existing booking. If we are unable to find another booking that suits your schedule we charge a minimum of 2 individuals to start the tour.
- Special rates are available for group bookings of 6 individuals and more.