When you think of Malaysia, you think of food, Street Food! And what’s a better way to discover Malaysian Street Food than taking a stroll through the Heart of Kuala Lumpur, the Heritage Zone. The Kuala Lumpur Street Food Experience is a great way for any first time visitor to explore the Food and Culture of Malaysia. During our walk you will taste, smell and hear a great variety of cultural influences that makes Malaysia’s culture and food so diverse and delicious. On this journey you will visit local tradesmen, street food vendors and shops hidden from the eyes of tourists. Witness the daily life of local Malaysians as you sample some of the most authentic and delicious food and drinks available. This experience is a great way to get a helicopter view of Malaysian Food and Culture. Bring your kids along, this is a kids friendly Food Experience!
- Witness the making of the last hand-made Char Siew Pao (Steam Buns) in Kuala Lumpur. Be in awe at the master skills involved in the art of making Paos. And of course taste these delicious Paos yourself.
- Discover the world of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Smell the concoction of herbs as you learn about the healing properties of these herbs.
- Sample and Taste up to 11 types of food and drinks such as the national drink Teh Tarik (Pulled Tea), the local ‘all time favourite’ Char Kuew Teow (Stir Fried Rice Noodles), famous Laksa, Indian Rotis and the best egg tarts in Malaysia. Also challenge yourself by tasting some notorious Durian Puffs.
- Listen to stories of the river of Life, the history and birth of Kuala Lumpur. Understand the wisdom Kuala Lumpur’s people and see the real Kuala Lumpur happen in front of your eyes. Immerse in the past, now and future of KL, whilst enjoying a cup of artisan drink at a former brothel.
- Last Pit Stop at the Community Cafe where we will learn the social work of Malaysians and volunteers behind the homeless of Kuala Lumpur. Hear their stories and their Gratitude for your Support* to the improvement of their lives.*Simply Enak pledges a RM10 contribution per adult tour participant to the Last Pit Stop Community Cafe.
Watch Cooking 4 Change hosts Erin Simpson and Christian Kasper as they join Simply Enak’s Co-Founder Pauline Lee on the Kuala Lumpur Street Food Experience.
|||Kuala Lumpur: LRT Station Pasar Seni|
|||RM260 per Adult, RM50 per Child (ages 5-11)|
- A professional and friendly guide
- Food and beverages at our selected food stalls
- Transportation to and from our meeting point
- Alcoholic beverages and souvenirs
Email us for a group package or family package when you have more than 4 individuals in a single booking!
To avoid disappointment WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOKING EARLY
*Do take note that the system only allows bookings that are 2 days or more in advance. Please write to us at email@example.com to check for tour availability if you are unable to book a tour through our website. Thank you.