What’s a better place to experience a country than a market? On this excursion we will explore one of the largest wet markets in Kuala Lumpur. You will experience first-hand the sights, smells and flavours of the different cultures of Malaysia, hence it’s title flavors of Malaysia. Imagine rows of local fruits, vegetables and spices that are on display along with an array of stalls selling the freshest meat and seafood. Walking through the market, you’ll be discovering and tasting popular Malaysian dishes, as well as, understanding the key ingredients used in the kitchens of the three main cultures of Malaysia. This market experience is 100% real which means you may experience, see and smell things that are not present in markets in other parts of our world.
- Culture: The best way to experience a country is by eating its food. Being a mix of three main cultures Malaysian food has a lot of stories to tell. We will taste food from each of the main Malaysian cultures such as: Satay, Murtabak, Pan Mee and Roti Canai.
- Wet Market: Nothing speaks culture more than a wet market. Chow Kit is one of the largest wet markets in Kuala Lumpur. This market has it all, which means we get to explore the ingredients that make up most of the Malaysian dishes.
- Little Indonesia: Kuala Lumpur is host to a large group of Indonesian immigrants, their food and culture, that is closely related to the Malay culture, is featured in ‘Little Indonesia’. We’ll sample some of the most delicious dishes here and notice some of the similarities and differences between the local and Indonesian dishes.
- Heritage: Explore the pre-war buildings with distinctive facades along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
- A professional and friendly guide
- Food and beverages at our selected food stalls
- Transportation to and from our meeting point
- Alcoholic beverages and souvenirs
Individual and group reservations
- All our tours start from a minimum of 2 reservations. Would you like to book as an individual? We try to accommodate your reservation at the best price by adding you to an existing booking. Please contact us to check if we can add you to an existing booking. If we are unable to find another booking that suits your schedule we charge a minimum of 2 individuals to start the tour.
- Special rates are available for group bookings of 5 individuals and more.